Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Aurelia's Web 2.0 23 Things

Wordle: Aurelia 23 things

http://www.wordle.net/

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Wiki

Another great discovery thanks to 23 things! I didn't know about wikis apart from wikipedia which I've used as an online encyclopedia of all things!

23 things has made it easy to use because we just follow the link, which I've now saved in my favourites (should really be in delicious!)

I am pleased to report that I found my way around the oxford libraries web 2.0 wiki without too much trouble and created yet another sign-on!

Straight away I found a useful thread about setting a counter on a blog, which I hadn't managed to set up from the blog, but this is an external site http://www.sitemeter.com/ which provides lots of useful stats about your viewers.

As I thought I have a big fat 0 of viewings so far, but here is what the graph diplay looks like:



So for thing 17 I've replied to this thread, and also set up a new thread about word clouds that I discovered via 23 things earlier in delicious.

It was quite fun contributing to a wiki, although I'm not sure how many people look at them and therefore the value of putting things on it, my worry would be that all this useful information goes untapped.

I didn't manage to edit anything, although I did notice that the address is still socialouls but I guess this is more difficult to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment