Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Aurelia's Web 2.0 23 Things

Wordle: Aurelia 23 things

http://www.wordle.net/

Monday 5 April 2010

How libraries are using Facebook to connect with their users

Ah, this looks like it needs a little research, and seeing as I've left my 23 things to the last minute, my research is limited.

This is where I thought delicious might come in useful to find all fellow 23 thinger's, thing 13's in one place, but I don't think it goes down to that level.

Having had a quick scan of some other blogs it does seem a fair question whether students would want to mix their studies with their social life on Fb. Fine if they want to, we should make the most of whatever means we can. Personally, I think Fb will be just another fad. (Apparently as soon as anyone over 30 started using it, it immediately became uncool!)

There will always be the next big thing, and whatever it is, libraries will get onto it and make the most of it while they can! Since working at the Bodleian Libraries and OU as a whole, I have been impressed by the use of new technology. The students force us to keep up with them, many of whom work for the libraries, so we have free inside knowledge into what is the latest way to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment