Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Aurelia's Web 2.0 23 Things

Wordle: Aurelia 23 things

http://www.wordle.net/

Sunday 4 April 2010

Set up i-google

It's now only a few days to go to the end of 23 things and I am going back over the instructions from the beginning, and tidying up my labels / tags so that they all make sense and doing the things that I didn't do when I should have!

When I started off I was worried about giving my posts a different title to the label in case I got lost with what I was doing, but now I see I can have both, which in fact makes it easier - a descriptive title and thing numbered label!

So Thing 1 was easy to set up an i-google account, although it seemed to automatically save as my desktop. I say automatically, I'm sure it was "operator error" I must have given it permission to do this mustn't I!! I didn't mind this for a while, but I've changed it back on my desktop at work, because I constantly need quick access to the OU & Bodleian homepages to look up stuff at work. This was a good exercise in itself as I had to find how to set up my homepage! In the meantime I intend to make it work better for me at home. I would really like to see it alert me to new posts from fellow bloggers!

For the purposes of Thing 1 I've also found out the different between https which is secure, and http which is not and according to Wiki is open to eavesdropping and allows attackers to gain access to website accounts and sensitive information. Oh and they use different port numbers...whatever that means!!

No comments:

Post a Comment