Powered By Blogger

Welcome to Aurelia's Web 2.0 23 Things

Wordle: Aurelia 23 things

http://www.wordle.net/

Monday 5 April 2010

Social Bookmarking & Tagging

Having set up my delicious account way back and found word clouds, I was really excited to get going on delicious as my favourites were and still are getting out of control!

However...upon revisiting in detail to complete thing 9, it wasn't as easy and straight forward as I thought.

First of all I spent ages trying to get my bookmarklet button to sit in my links toolbar. As I already have a few in there already, there wasn't room, but eventually found a way to create a new line of links, phew, but for some reason I've still not managed to get the lovely little tag icon, so instead I've just dragged my save to delicious page in my links and it seems to work fine. I've also got a delicious logo with save a new bookmark, although this route you have to cut and paste the url.

So, with that all set up, the first thing I saved was the 23thingsblogspot and my own blog, as well as my colleagues, Cathy and Sibel. I've also saved a few Oxford related ones, and tried to send to acarritt. Went to check and it's on the ox23 'everyone' list which is great, but then tried to share my blog on delicious in the same place but can't work out how to share, or to get on this list again. To make up for this an added bonus was that Cathy's list popped up, no idea how?! Also not exactly sure how I find out friends name on it if they are using a different name...too many questions again!!

Looking forward to using delicious more and exploring all the things it can do - and getting really organised on it. Or is it just another way to store your favs? Like photos - I've got some on a memory stick, some in my email account, some in my laptop, they're all over the place!

The best thing about this is that I've had to do it, and although I'm not an expert, I can use it, and will get better. Something I wouldn't have done without 23 things!

No comments:

Post a Comment